Children do not leave the classroom until 3:45 p.m.
The HCES carpool line winds through the parking lot to keep the main road (Forestville Road) clear of the carpool line. Please remain on the right side of the rows and be considerate of those that need to get out of parking spaces and exit the school. The left lane is a through lane and it is not for dropping off or pick up students.
- Please STOP at the stop sign in front of the school. The right lane has the right of way.
- We will load 8 cars at a time. All 8 cars will pull up, load, and pull off at the same time. Cars may NOT pull around the other cars when leaving the line.
- Please refrain from talking and texting on cellular phones when driving through the carpool lane to allow for your safety and the safety of our staff and students.
- Do not try to cut/skip the line. This slows down the process since tag numbers are collected and sent to the front office using a smartphone.
- The space along the curb in front of the pickup location is referred to the Waiting Zone, which is for cars that are still waiting for their riders. Drivers will be asked to move ahead to the Waiting Zone if their child is not prepared to load. We make every effort to have your child to the car in a timely manner.
- Carpool parents should be in line NO LATER than 4:05. Please call the front office at 919-217-5100, if you anticipate arriving late (after 4:10.).
- Before the bell (8:45 a.m.), if you are first to arrive in the carpool line, please stop at the stop sign to begin the line. Do not line up past the stop sign so that teachers and staff do not have to pass through waiting cars.
- Please have your child practice unbuckling and buckling seatbelts along with opening the car doors so that morning and afternoon pick-up can move swiftly but safely.
- Please do not exit your vehicle in the carpool lane to assist your child (hug, kiss, etc.).
Before and After School Program Procedures
If you have a child in the After School Program at HCES, do not park in the bus loop before 4:20 p.m. or if there are buses in the loop area. There are parking spaces next to the field and track near the bus loop. See map for information.
Students that want to be considered walkers must pick up an annual Walker Request Form from the front office and return for administrator approval. P,ease keep in mind HCES is not a designated walking school and each request will be considered on an individual basis.
Remember these important guidelines:
Please be considerate of the bus traffic.
Safety is our TOP PRIORITY!